US


So we bought a packet of cigarettes.
I don’t smoke
We do – All those things


lie sleeping in
some designated waitin groom of my cortex


(next) How long?


Approximately 80 years
      I predict.


Yours is less
(that is not my opinion, that is statistics.)


You made it? Well


You made me –
Go
Fetch-


The candlestick with your initials on (has not been lit.


I keep it in my wardrobe / in the pocket of my mum’s weddingdress / amongst the grit
and the crumbs.)


That’s how the cookie falls apart.
Crumbles and staines.


Puff, blow to the candyheart
sweet more than smokey
Almond 001 (I was fair once)


I think you are lush


The brush (covered in icing)
Skates, strokes
over valleys and hillbillies


Son of a preacher.
Sun of my prayer (days before the Reformation)
Layer by layer the marzipan image comes off


I pulled it off.
(bad quality)
The sugar thinned out
(I licked it off, you know.)




What a pretty ensemble
Undone by my tongue.